26 May 2013

The beginning

This blog was created to show preparation and a stay on the remotest island in the world - Tristan da Cunha. It was my dream since I was a teenager and it might come true!
I called this Project - Life on Tristan da Cunha, because I do not want only go there for a week or two but actually I would like to know how it is to live there. My plan is to spend there about three months shareing everything with natives.

Because this Island is quite far away and it is hard to get there this dream was only in my head. I finished high school, studies, started to travel... and I think it is time to go to Tristan da Cunha. Especially, that there showed up a great opportunity.
Everything started on KOLOSY in Gdynia. I was a participant and gave a speach about my amazing trip to Azores. I met there a lady from National Geographic and that how it started. Now I apply for a grant for Tristan da Cunha. But because of the distance and high costs of getting there and living I think it will be needed to find other patronages. So let the fun begin! I already have the first one!
AzoresTODAY
They promote the Islands and since Azores and Tristan da Cunha have the same geological history they agree to support me. I also find a companion who would like to go there with me - he's name is Nilton. So everything goes well for now.

The trip would take place in late November, it is when the summer is in Tristan. Keep your fingers cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment